Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default modeless userform during shutdown phase

I have a self-made Excel VBA program used by different people which uses only
1 workbook with several sheets in it nbut also all the VBA modules and
userforms.
Because this workbook is big in size and is stored on the server it takes
time to save it after the user finished the application by means of the
custom toolbar.
Here is my problem; I want during this 'saving' phase (=resetting original
toolbars and saving file) a message to the user (modeless userform ?) to wait
for shutting down the application, and resetting Excel.
my solution; I created a modeless userform with messages to wait,..., but
when the application is finished, the userform pops up, but nothing is showed
on it.
I already put repaint and some doevents in the code. When I make this
userform modal, it does work, but of course there is a user intervention
neccessary by clicking on the close box before the macro continues.
Where is the problem?
many thanks, roland, belgium

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Screenupdating no effect
Repaint and doevent are in the userform_initialize sub.
I only pu a few labels in the userform to show
roland

"Roland" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Finally found it;
Had to put the repaint command outside the userform_initialize sub.
dont know why, anyway succes.

Thanks for help Tom