Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Passwordproblem when saving to ftp-server

Hi!

Does anybody know how to put the password into the code when saving to
a ftp-server in VBA? I use this code, but have to connect to the
ftp-server with the password manually every time I open excel.

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=
"ftp://ftpserver.com/dir/dir/myfile.xls"

Thanks in advance,
Mette
--
my
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 14:14:08 +0100, Mette Yri wrote in
microsoft.public.excel.programming:

Hi!

Does anybody know how to put the password into the code when saving to
a ftp-server in VBA? I use this code, but have to connect to the
ftp-server with the password manually every time I open excel.

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=
"ftp://ftpserver.com/dir/dir/myfile.xls"

The usual syntax is: "ftp://[user[:password]@]server[/path]"
e.g. "

Never tried it in Excel, though.

Good luck.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Michael Bednarek wrote:

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 14:14:08 +0100, Mette Yri wrote in
microsoft.public.excel.programming:

Hi!

Does anybody know how to put the password into the code when saving to
a ftp-server in VBA? I use this code, but have to connect to the
ftp-server with the password manually every time I open excel.

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=
"ftp://ftpserver.com/dir/dir/myfile.xls"

The usual syntax is: "ftp://[user[:password]@]server[/path]"
e.g. "

Never tried it in Excel, though.

Good luck.

Thanks, but this doesn't work - I still have to connect manually
before the code does its job.

Anybody?

--
my
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

My understanding is that there is no standard for this. Some sites support
what Michael suggested. Apparently yours doesn't. Perhaps you could
contact the webmaster and see what they say.

Tom Ogilvy

"Mette Yri" wrote in message
Michael Bednarek wrote:

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 14:14:08 +0100, Mette Yri wrote in
microsoft.public.excel.programming:

Hi!

Does anybody know how to put the password into the code when saving to
a ftp-server in VBA? I use this code, but have to connect to the
ftp-server with the password manually every time I open excel.

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=
"ftp://ftpserver.com/dir/dir/myfile.xls"

The usual syntax is: "ftp://[user[:password]@]server[/path]"
e.g. "

Never tried it in Excel, though.

Good luck.

Thanks, but this doesn't work - I still have to connect manually
before the code does its job.

Anybody?

--
my

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom Ogilvy wrote:

My understanding is that there is no standard for this. Some sites support
what Michael suggested. Apparently yours doesn't. Perhaps you could
contact the webmaster and see what they say.

Okay, I'll try that.
Thanks =)

--
my