Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default IBindStatusCallback

Does any one have code examples of implementing the
IBindStatusCallback class / methods of URLMON
URLDownloadToFile API call?

Thanks

Jack
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jack,

I haven't tried any callbacks but have used the UrlDownloadToFile call. As
far as I have seen within VBA it is completely asynchronous, so I'm not sure
what good a callback would do for you.

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com

"Jack Clift" wrote in message
Does any one have code examples of implementing the
IBindStatusCallback class / methods of URLMON
URLDownloadToFile API call?

Thanks

Jack

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't think you can. As I said it is asynchronous meaning that execution
does not return to VBA until the file has downloaded.

If you really want to monitor a download's progress you will probably have
to look at using a winsock control but it is far more complex.

"Jack Clift" wrote in message
Does any one have code examples of implementing the
IBindStatusCallback class / methods of URLMON
URLDownloadToFile API call?

Thanks

Jack

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try this:

http://home.inreach.com/mdunn/code/U...LDownload.html

There's a complete VC++ 6.0 project there, including an abort button, as
well as text and progress control feedback, but I haven't been able to
compile the equivalent in Embedded Visual C++ 3.0 (which is my interest). If
anyone knows the trick (include files, project settings, etc.) that makes
that possible, please let me know...

-Mike Landis