Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default I can't figure out listfillrange

I'm trying to create a listbox named ClientStatus from Control Toolbox
toolbar on worksheet 'Cover Info'. My list data is in column A of worksheet
'Data Formatting'. It won't let me enter anything in the ListFillRange under
Properties, and I can not for the life of me figure out how to use the
ListFillRange in VBA. (I'm new to all of this. Just learning by reading
other's answers.)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

hi,
is the listfillrange on the same sheet as your listbox. if
it is on another sheet, it will "disapear" on you or
reference the range on the same sheet with the list box.

I'm trying to create a listbox named ClientStatus from

Control Toolbox
toolbar on worksheet 'Cover Info'. My list data is in

column A of worksheet
'Data Formatting'. It won't let me enter anything in the

ListFillRange under
Properties, and I can not for the life of me figure out

how to use the
ListFillRange in VBA. (I'm new to all of this. Just

learning by reading
other's answers.)
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I could manually type in the range that I wanted:

'Data Formatting'!A1:A13

(note the single quotes and exclamation mark)

In code:

With Worksheets("Cover Info").ListBox1
.ListFillRange = Worksheets("data formatting").Range("a1:a13") _
.Address(external:=True)
End With

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

So how do you format that using UNC ("\\server\path\filename) to reference a
remote file (stored on a different drive) as the source? I keep getting a
"Subscript out of range" error...