Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ren Ren is offline

Default Merge Cell

Hi to all!

I created a form in which the user at some point can write some text in some
merge cells.

I know that you can only put about 1k of characters in a cell, event if the
cell is merge, and by using some code you can incrase the size. This is for
text that is already predetermined or under your control.

What can be done for text to which we have no control, everything is
depended on the amount of text inputed by the user.

Is there a way for me to enable the user to type in all the text that they
want to type in?

Thanks for all your help.

Cheers

Ren
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Cells can hold 32K characters whether merged or not. They can only
display/print approximately 1024 characters whether merged or not. You can
increase the number of characters displayed and printed by putting in hard
returns embedded in the text. So you could have your code put in such
returns after the user has made their entries (or they could do it as they
type Alt+Enter).

Tom Ogilvy