Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Disallowing Update

Upon opening of a file I get a msg box that prompts users to either update of
not update the file. I would like to insert code to answer this question to
"not update" thus removing the popup menu from the user altogether. Through
code, how would I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jim, Specifically I mean that there is a pop up box that gives me the choice
to either "update" links, "don't update" links or "help". I don't want any
of the users to accidently click "update" links or even, out of curiosity
click "update" links. I want this choice totally taken out of their hands by
having the code click "don't update". Am I describing this correctly?