Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I Delete Asterisks from contents in a cell of a column (kn.

I have an Excel Spreadsheet that I am trying to delete the Asterisks from.
The problem is that the asterisks are woven throughout the contents of a
cell. I do not want to delete those contents, just the asterisk. I usually
use "Find & Replace" to rid my cells of unwanted data, but an asterisk is a
wild card and find & replace does not recognize this character because of
it's wild card status. I deal with thousands of lines of data that I have to
manually edit currently. There must be a better way!!!Stumped in Denver
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can use the Find and Replace but you have to preceed the wild card with a
Tilde

Search for this ~* and you should be off to the races...

HTH

"StarRider" wrote:

I have an Excel Spreadsheet that I am trying to delete the Asterisks from.
The problem is that the asterisks are woven throughout the contents of a
cell. I do not want to delete those contents, just the asterisk. I usually
use "Find & Replace" to rid my cells of unwanted data, but an asterisk is a
wild card and find & replace does not recognize this character because of
it's wild card status. I deal with thousands of lines of data that I have to
manually edit currently. There must be a better way!!!Stumped in Denver

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I Delete Asterisks from contents in a cell of a column

Another option is this..
Columns("C:C").Select
Selection.Replace What:=Asc(42), Replacement:="", LookAt:=xlPart,
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False