Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel and Adobe Acrobat

Greetings,
I have excel 2000. I have installed Adobe Acrobat 4 (for creating PDF's).

When I manually launch Excel 2000, when I click the file menu item, I see
create pdf as an option. If I launch Excel 2000 from another program, I
do not see the create pdf option.

Anybody know why this is or how to fix it ?

thanks,
-Darryl

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The adobe menu is part of the Adobe addin. If you are getting Excel openeing
without the menu then you need to add the addin.

application.addin(...

HTH

"Darryl" wrote:

Greetings,
I have excel 2000. I have installed Adobe Acrobat 4 (for creating PDF's).

When I manually launch Excel 2000, when I click the file menu item, I see
create pdf as an option. If I launch Excel 2000 from another program, I
do not see the create pdf option.

Anybody know why this is or how to fix it ?

thanks,
-Darryl

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Darryl" wrote in message
Greetings,
I have excel 2000. I have installed Adobe Acrobat 4 (for creating PDF's).

When I manually launch Excel 2000, when I click the file menu item, I see
create pdf as an option. If I launch Excel 2000 from another program, I
do not see the create pdf option.

Anybody know why this is or how to fix it ?

thanks,
-Darryl

When You launch Excel using automation, add-ins won't load. This is by
design.

/Fredrik

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Then how do I , in an automation way, save the spreadsheet
as a pdf ?

thanks for any ideas .

-Darryl

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Darryl Hoar" wrote in message
Then how do I , in an automation way, save the spreadsheet
as a pdf ?

thanks for any ideas .

-Darryl

Maybe you can record the code that activates the add-in and put it into some
event handler.

/Fredrik