Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Pat Pat is offline

Default Code stops at range

Why does the following code stop running when it reaches
Range("A1:A1000").Select

Application.DisplayAlerts = False

Range("D8:J900").Select
Selection.Copy
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
Workbooks.Open Filename:= _
"\\office\shareddocs\My Documents\Excel books 2005\PForm.xls"
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:=
_
False, Transpose:=False
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.Replace What:="0", Replacement:="", LookAt:=xlPart, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False
Range("A1:A1000").Select
Selection.Replace What:="2", Replacement:="", LookAt:=xlPart, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False

Thank you if can help.
Pat

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

AGH! This is exactly like the problem I'm having with VERY similar code.
I'll post it again here since it might increase our collective chance of
getting a response:

This issue has me totally stumped. All the breakpoints are cleared. The IDE
window does NOT pop-up. No lines are highlighted if the IDE window is
already open. No error message appears or msgbox pops-up. The code just
jumps to the Timekeepers.csv and stops(?) executing.

Per Oli's suggestion I deleted the original module and pasted the code into a
new one, but that did not help. I've tried adding Wait times into the code,
I've tried three different ways of selecting the desired cell and inserting
the formula, but it always stops at the point that the new document opens.
The line (flagged below) is as follows:

Range("C1").Select '<<<PROGRAM STOPS AT THIS LINE

Could it be because its a CSV file instead of an Excel file? I don't
know... Please note it runs perfectly if I step through it one line at a
time.

Sub TimekeeperUpdate()

' TimekeeperUpdate Macro
' Macro recorded 2/15/2005 by Damian Carrillo
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+T

Dim FileScan As Variant
Dim FilePresence As String
Set FileScan = Application.FileSearch

With FileScan
.LookIn = "F:\Importer\CMSDISB1\Disbursements\zAutomatio n Files"
.Filename = "Timekeepers.csv"
If .Execute 0 Then
'Prevent file from being overwritten if already exists
Let FilePresence = True
Else
Let FilePresence = False
'Duplicate Source Timekeeper file
Dim SourceFile, DestinationFile
SourceFile = "W:\ERS\SERVER\Manager\Validation\Timekeeprs.c sv"
'Define source file name.
DestinationFile = "F:\Importer\CMSDISB1\Disbursements\zAutomatio n
Files\Timekeepers.csv" 'Define target file name.
FileCopy SourceFile, DestinationFile 'Copy source to target.
End If
End With

'Clear Old Data from Timekeeper.xls
Windows("Timekeepers.xls").Activate
Range("D2").Select
Range(Selection, ActiveCell.SpecialCells(xlLastCell)).Select
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.ClearContents

'Prepare new copy of Timekeeper.csv file for data transfer to
Timekeeper.xls
Workbooks.Open Filename:= _
"F:\Importer\CMSDISB1\Disbursements\zAutomatio n Files\Timekeepers.csv"
Windows("Timekeepers.csv").Activate
Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:01"))

On Error Resume Next
Range("C1").Select '<<<PROGRAM STOPS AT THIS LINE
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=RC[-2]&RC[-1]" 'Merge Data into a single
column
Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("C1",
ActiveCell.SpecialCells(xlLastCell)), Type:=xlFillDefault 'Expand formula
Range("C1", ActiveCell.SpecialCells(xlLastCell)).Select
Selection.Copy

Windows("Timekeepers.xls").Activate 'Paste new data
Range("D2").Select
SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.TextToColumns Destination:=Range("D2"), DataType:=xlDelimited, _
TextQualifier:=xlDoubleQuote, ConsecutiveDelimiter:=False,
Tab:=False, _
Semicolon:=False, Comma:=False, Space:=False, Other:=True, OtherChar _
:="|", FieldInfo:=Array(Array(1, 1), Array(2, 1), Array(3, 1),
Array(4, 1), Array(5, _
1), Array(6, 1), Array(7, 1), Array(8, 1), Array(9, 1), Array(10,
1), Array(11, 1)), _
TrailingMinusNumbers:=True

Range("A1", ActiveCell.SpecialCells(xlLastCell)).Sort Key1:=Range("A2"),
Order1:=xlAscending, Header:= _
xlGuess, OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False,
Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _
DataOption1:=xlSortTextAsNumbers 'Resort new dataset

On Error GoTo 0 'Stop subroutine if unable to save file
ActiveWorkbook.Save 'Save new dataset
Windows("Timekeepers.csv").Activate
ActiveWindow.Close SaveChanges:=True 'Close source document
Kill "F:\Importer\CMSDISB1\Disbursements\zAutomatio n
Files\Timekeepers.csv"
End Sub

The following is code I am using to re-populate a spreadsheet with updated
data. I tested it extensively in the Editor and it runs fine, but when I try
to run the macro, it stops at the same exact spot every time and I don't know
why. Can someone please help me? The line (flagged below) is as follows:

Range("C1").Select '<<<PROGRAM STOPS AT THIS LINE

I must be missing something obvious about the statement that halts the
macro, but why doesn't it stop it from working when I'm manually stepping
through the program in the Visual Basic Editor?

"Pat" wrote:

Why does the following code stop running when it reaches
Range("A1:A1000").Select

Application.DisplayAlerts = False

Range("D8:J900").Select
Selection.Copy
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
Workbooks.Open Filename:= _
"\\office\shareddocs\My Documents\Excel books 2005\PForm.xls"
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:=
_
False, Transpose:=False
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.Replace What:="0", Replacement:="", LookAt:=xlPart, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False
Range("A1:A1000").Select
Selection.Replace What:="2", Replacement:="", LookAt:=xlPart, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False

Thank you if can help.
Pat

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Pat,

I have just tested this and I don't get the crash.

I don't understand why you open another workbook in the middle. Could you
explain exactly what you are trying to do?

--

HTH

RP

"Pat" wrote in message
Why does the following code stop running when it reaches
Range("A1:A1000").Select

Application.DisplayAlerts = False

Range("D8:J900").Select
Selection.Copy
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
Workbooks.Open Filename:= _
"\\office\shareddocs\My Documents\Excel books 2005\PForm.xls"
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone,

SkipBlanks:=
_
False, Transpose:=False
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.Replace What:="0", Replacement:="", LookAt:=xlPart, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False
Range("A1:A1000").Select
Selection.Replace What:="2", Replacement:="", LookAt:=xlPart, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False

Thank you if can help.
Pat

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Pat Pat is offline

I don't understand why you open another workbook in the middle. Could you
explain exactly what you are trying to do?

The PForm.xls workbook will be saved as .csv file
Here is the remainder of the code:

LastRow = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count
Range(Cells(LastRow + 1, 1), Cells(LastRow + 200, 1)).Select
Selection.EntireRow.Delete

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _
"C:\HLSexcel\RHLS.csv", _
FileFormat:=xlCSV, CreateBackup:=False
'"\\office\shareddocs\My Documents\Excel books 2005\RHLS.csv", _
'FileFormat:=xlCSV, CreateBackup:=False
Application.DisplayAlerts = True

Windows("Management.xls").Activate
Range("G8").Select