Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default to view a column text in another column

Hi I have 5 columns is a spreadsheet what I want to be able to do is if in
column A I enter any text the I want column D to be automatically up dated to
show the same text as column A. What is the best way to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The simplest way:
in cell D1 enter =A1 and copy D1 down as far as desired. This will
make column D the same as Col A.

Since you mentioned text, it may be that you only want Col D to equal Col A
if Col A has text. If so, in D1 enter =If(IsText(A1),A1,""). Again
copy down col D
This will leave Col D blank in A is numeric, an error or blank

If you want a vba solution, let us know