Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How can I get my macro to appear in ALL worksheets

I have a macro that I want to be available in ALL workbooks/worksheets when
opened, even those worksheets emailed to me. Is there a excel.xlt standard
template in excel2002 the same as a normal.dot templace in WORD ?

How can I do this ?

thanks .. Roger

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Roger,
If you do not see in the VBA IDE, then in Excel go to WindowUnHide.. and
select it.

Then whenever you open Excel, code in it will be available to you.

"NickHK" wrote in message
Roger,
It's your PERSONAL.xls. It is hidden by default.

NickHK

"Roger Ottaway" wrote in message
I have a macro that I want to be available in ALL workbooks/worksheets

when
opened, even those worksheets emailed to me. Is there a excel.xlt

standard
template in excel2002 the same as a normal.dot templace in WORD ?

How can I do this ?

thanks .. Roger

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Roger,

As Nick says you need to put your code into your personal.xls file. This
file may not be available in which case you create a file by that name (Open
an new work sheet Click file Save as) If you are using windows XP / 2000
you should save the file to C:\Documents and Settings\*Your
Username*\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART (Any file place in this
folder will start when excel starts). If Win9x / NT save to C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE\XLSTART

Regards

Paul