Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Worksheet Buttons disappear after Macro runs!

Has anyone found a reason for a workaround for this problem? After
running a macro from a button on a worksheet a number of times, the
button vanishes. The problem occurs both in XL2004 for the Mac and
XL2003 running on XP in a Dell laptop.

I thought I was alone with this problem until I found this thread on
Exceltip.com: http://www.excelforum.com//showthread.php?t=196780

It seems at least two other users have experienced the same phenomenon.

Here is my info:

Machine Model: iMac
CPU Type: PowerPC G4 (3.3)
Number Of CPUs: 1
CPU Speed: 1 GHz
L2 Cache (per CPU): 256 KB
Memory: 768 MB
Bus Speed: 133 MHz
Boot ROM Version: 4.5.8f1

Excel 2004 for Mac
Version 11.1

Help from someone cleverer than I would be much appreciated. I am
stumped.

Thanks.

Bari
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Not sure the machine info's relevant since the Exceltip article you cite
is for WinXL00/03.

I've never seen this in XL03 or XL04, even running macros dozens of
times per hour. It's not a generic problem. If it's consistently
reproducible, then perhaps you should post your code in a reply.

In article ,
Baritone wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have long experienced this phenomenon first, on my Win98, then on Windows
Me and 2003. In all cases, the Worksheet button appears to varnish but can
be seen when the spot it occupies is clicked. As an utilitarian measure, I
therefore color-mark the locale and its surrounds-red!

DM

Baritone wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If that's the case, sometimes minimizing the worksheet window and resizing
helps.

Or even minimizing the application window and resizing.

Or even closing and reopening excel.

But I think controls from the Froms toolbar behave much nicer on the worksheet.
(Instead of controls from the control toolbox toolbar.)

--

Dave Peterson