Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Importing Access record into Excel using MSQUERY question

Quick question please

I'm doing a database query from Excel 2003 in Access. I go:

Data/Import External Data/New Database Query/

and then I progess through the wizard, selecting my Access file, selecting the
matching criteria and then selecting the cell in the Excel sheet to import to.

It grabs the right records from Access, but it imports the data from a record
across a row, and I'd like to go down a column, cause that's where the proper
target fields are for the fields from Access.

Why does it seem I can only import data across a row using MSQUERY?

Thanks

Harry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Tom. I've got a problem with that, but I'm really green at Excel
automation. If I create a dummy sheet within my worksheet, and then do a
formula in each of the target cells:

value=sheetname(cell_value)

then it will be impossible for me to change any of the 17 fields in the target
cells if they need modification, since it is only a formula it's displaying.

Harry

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 22:21:23 -0500, "Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

import it to a dummy sheet, then use formulas to refer to the result.

Why does access show fields across the top? MSquery?

Tom Ogilvy

. ..