Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Matching value of a cell to a sheet name

I need to match a value in a cell that the user selects from a combo box
using data validation that would then go to the sheet associated with the
selection.

The user is selecting a job to look up. When a new job is created the sheet
is copied and the job name becomes the sheet name i.e. jobname = job1
(sheet1 = job1). This will happen every time a new job is created. The job
name is copied to a different sheet where the data validation looks it up as
a job. I would like a command button with code that looks up the job,
matched it to the sheet name and then goes to that sheet. For example

Job = Job1. Click "find job" and the job detail appear.

Any thoughts? I have thought about v lookup but I'm sure it will work. The
maxium amount of jobs is 20 at the moment for development purposes.

Thanks

Nathan