Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Matching value of a cell to a sheet name

I need to match a value in a cell that the user selects from a combo box
using data validation that would then go to the sheet associated with the
selection.

The user is selecting a job to look up. When a new job is created the sheet
is copied and the job name becomes the sheet name i.e. jobname = job1
(sheet1 = job1). This will happen every time a new job is created. The job
name is copied to a different sheet where the data validation looks it up as
a job. I would like a command button with code that looks up the job,
matched it to the sheet name and then goes to that sheet. For example

Job = Job1. Click "find job" and the job detail appear.

Any thoughts? I have thought about v lookup but I'm sure it will work. The
maxium amount of jobs is 20 at the moment for development purposes.

Thanks

Nathan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

worksheets(Worksheets("Entry").Range("A1").Value). Select

Where
Worksheets("Entry").Range("A1").Value
contains the name of the sheet you want to go to (the sheet that has the
data validation combobox).

Tom Ogilvy