Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default don't find my message : connect to oracle db (4.2. 19:39)

can anyone tell me, where my message is??

hello,

i want to connect to an oracle database (excel vba)
i always find examples with mysql, can anyone
give me an example for ORACLE db access?
thanks a lot

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tim Williams wrote:
With cnConnection
.Provider = "MSDAORA"

That is the Microsoft version of the OLE DB provider. When I was using
Oracle a couple of years ago, Oracle's own version was perferred. For
this, among many other connestion string samples, see:

http://www.able-consulting.com/MDAC/...leFromOrac le

Jamie.