Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Form Date picker

Hi,

Do you know if I can get a coded date picker to work in
my excel sheet I need it to output to a cell on the sheet.

Thanks

Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob Rob is offline

Mike,

I have got an open worksheet and on there I have through
the form toolbar added a calendar 10.0

The calendar is sitting just where and is formatted as I
would like too.

I have been trying to write this -

Private Sub Calendar1_AfterUpdate()

'Application.Worksheets("Daily").Range("C4").Value =
Calendar1.Value
Application.Worksheets("Daily").Range("C4").Value =
Calendar1.Value

End Sub

can you tell me where I am wrong?

- The sheet the calendar is on and the sheet I want the
output to is called "Daily"
- I want to click on any date and the cell C4 will update
with the value selected on the calendar

Thanks

Rob
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Start here
http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Rob" wrote in message ...
Mike,

I have got an open worksheet and on there I have through
the form toolbar added a calendar 10.0

The calendar is sitting just where and is formatted as I
would like too.

I have been trying to write this -

Private Sub Calendar1_AfterUpdate()

'Application.Worksheets("Daily").Range("C4").Value =
Calendar1.Value
Application.Worksheets("Daily").Range("C4").Value =
Calendar1.Value

End Sub

can you tell me where I am wrong?

- The sheet the calendar is on and the sheet I want the
output to is called "Daily"
- I want to click on any date and the cell C4 will update
with the value selected on the calendar

Thanks

Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Thanks Ron

I will let you know if I have any problems

I have got an open worksheet and on there I have

through
the form toolbar added a calendar 10.0

The calendar is sitting just where and is formatted

as I
would like too.

I have been trying to write this -

Private Sub Calendar1_AfterUpdate()

'Application.Worksheets("Daily").Range("C4").Value =
Calendar1.Value
Application.Worksheets("Daily").Range("C4").Value =
Calendar1.Value

End Sub

can you tell me where I am wrong?

- The sheet the calendar is on and the sheet I want the
output to is called "Daily"
- I want to click on any date and the cell C4 will

update
with the value selected on the calendar

Thanks

Rob

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob Rob is offline

Ron,

That has worked for me a treat, thank you.

One thing I would like to do is make it so the date
cannot be picked if it is after "today".

How can I get a message box to come up and say "The date
must be before now"

Regards

Rob
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use this

Private Sub Calendar1_Click()
If CDbl(Calendar1.Value) Date Then
MsgBox "The date must be before now"
Else
ActiveCell.Value = CDbl(Calendar1.Value)
ActiveCell.NumberFormat = "mm/dd/yyyy"
ActiveCell.Select

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl