Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Pivot Table Events

I would like to catch an event when a pivot table field is changed. I have
the sneaking suspicion that I might have to raise an event using with events,
but I am not tooo sure. Any suggestions???
--
Thanks In Advance...

Jim Thomlinson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Change event??

MsgBox "abc"

Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote in message
I would like to catch an event when a pivot table field is changed. I have
the sneaking suspicion that I might have to raise an event using with

events,
but I am not tooo sure. Any suggestions???
--
Thanks In Advance...

Jim Thomlinson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Change event does not fire on pivot table changes. I tried that. Calcualtion
fires, but that is a little too generic an event for my application. I found
an answer on the Microsoft site. You need Excel 2003 to catch events from
pivottables. As luck would have it I am being upgraded to 2003 next month, so
it will have to wait unitl then.

Oh well....

"Ken Wright" wrote:

Change event??

MsgBox "abc"

Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote in message
I would like to catch an event when a pivot table field is changed. I have
the sneaking suspicion that I might have to raise an event using with

events,
but I am not tooo sure. Any suggestions???
--
Thanks In Advance...

Jim Thomlinson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hmmm - just tried it on XP and I get the message box fire up no matter what
i do to the pivot table. Remove or add an item from any of the dropdowns,
drag fields around, hide items in page fields - they all display the
message?

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

<snip

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Are you using 2000? Worksheet level events fire finen when a Pivot table is
updated in 2002/3. If of course you are
talking about a Before event for a Pivot Table then that is a different
matter entirely