Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro for formatting columns with dates, weekdays, and widths?

Hi there,

I'm keeping an attendance sheet in Excel; each worksheet is a different
month, and usually with different kids, and fields in the top couple of
rows are dates (formatted like | 1/27 | 1/28 | etc.) and days of the
week (formatted like | S | M | etc.).

I want to make code or a macro that does the following on the click of
a button:

--copy all the data in the current month's (say January) worksheet,
--insert a new worksheet,
--past the data,
--format the page like the January worksheet,
--etc.

I know how to make a macro for this. I do NOT know how to
automatically do the following:

--name the worksheet's tab with the name of the next month,
--realign the days of the week with the new dates (these are on
separate rows),
--and then automatically resize all the columns such that columns with
the date 1/27 take up more space (1 character) more than columns with
single digit dates, like 1/9.
--lastly, delete or hide Saturday and Sunday columns between weeks.

Space is critical--each page must fit within the margins of a
letter-sized piece of paper.

Hoped I described this ok. Thanks in advance for your
assistance/advice.

Arnold