Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Login and password automatically entered in a web query

I'm trying to get xl2000 (and hopefully xl2003) to login with a username and
password using vba/a macro.
Very specifically the site I'm trying to get excel to log into automatically
is www.racingpost.co.uk
I have set up a dummy account there with user and password thebotcher and
rehctobeht respectively.
In xl2003 I can manually get excel to login by editing a web query, bringing
up the login page of racing post and logging in within the Edit Web Query
dialog box (New Web Query also works), then exiting the dialog box with
Cancel or just closing it; thereafter all further web queries to the site
work fine for that session. I can't even get that far in xl2000.
(Just logging into the site in IE does not allow excel to gain access)
I'd like some help, please, so that a less computer literate user can use it
(especially with xl2000)
regards,
Pascal