Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default 3D charts and contours

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

Nice to "virtually" meet you. I would appreciate if someone could help me
with Excel and VBA. I am trying to do two things:
1/ Control the "axis numbers" on a 3D plot? I always end up with 48.67,
55.43 etc, whereas I would like to have something more regular such as 40,
50, etc.
2/ Contours. I have a 2D plots full of points, each point has its own
"weight". I am trying to map them out, very equivalent to 2D altitude maps.

Thanks for your help and have a great day!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

3D plots are category charts, so I am not sure what you mean about those
axis numbers. The axis numbers are ust labels.

One of the options with 3D plots is a contour plot.

Tom Ogilvy

"snoozy" wrote in message
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

Nice to "virtually" meet you. I would appreciate if someone could help me
with Excel and VBA. I am trying to do two things:
1/ Control the "axis numbers" on a 3D plot? I always end up with 48.67,
55.43 etc, whereas I would like to have something more regular such as 40,
50, etc.
2/ Contours. I have a 2D plots full of points, each point has its own
"weight". I am trying to map them out, very equivalent to 2D altitude

maps.

Thanks for your help and have a great day!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you doubleclick the axis itself, you can override the Scale.

I think what you're after is a surface chart.
Try the Terrain Generator example on my website.

"snoozy" wrote in message
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

Nice to "virtually" meet you. I would appreciate if someone could help me
with Excel and VBA. I am trying to do two things:
1/ Control the "axis numbers" on a 3D plot? I always end up with 48.67,
55.43 etc, whereas I would like to have something more regular such as 40,
50, etc.
2/ Contours. I have a 2D plots full of points, each point has its own
"weight". I am trying to map them out, very equivalent to 2D altitude
maps.

Thanks for your help and have a great day!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you Tom and Rob. I am trying to do what Rob called the Terrain
Generator. I do have the 3D and surface chart. However, I have no control on
how the axes look like. For example, it generates arbitrary numbers, while I
would like to see round numbers or I would like to choose the scale, etc.

Can u help? Thanks.

snz