Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Worksheets("Brackets").DropDowns("Game10").Click

With Excel 2000, I have added a combo box control to my worksheet and named
it "myCombo1". In this combo box, there are 5 items. How do I use VBA to
select this combo box and automatically have it drop down using VBA? In
Microsoft Access I would use the "Dropdown" method of my combo box. However,
in Excel, I have not been able to find an equivalent. I have done the
following to select my combo box, but can't find a Dropdown method:

Worksheets("myWorksheet").DropDowns("myCombo1").Se lect
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Oops...the subject line should have read "Combo Box DropDown method". I
clicked the Post button before I changed the subject. Is there a way I can
get this subject line changed?

"Tony_VBACoder" wrote:

With Excel 2000, I have added a combo box control to my worksheet and named
it "myCombo1". In this combo box, there are 5 items. How do I use VBA to
select this combo box and automatically have it drop down using VBA? In
Microsoft Access I would use the "Dropdown" method of my combo box. However,
in Excel, I have not been able to find an equivalent. I have done the
following to select my combo box, but can't find a Dropdown method:

Worksheets("myWorksheet").DropDowns("myCombo1").Se lect

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I wouldn't worry about the Subject.

Use a combobox from the Control Toolbox Toolbar rather than the forms
toolbar. This Contro Toolbox Toolbar Combobox has a dropdown method.

Tom Ogilvy

"Tony_VBACoder" wrote:

With Excel 2000, I have added a combo box control to my worksheet and

named
it "myCombo1". In this combo box, there are 5 items. How do I use VBA

select this combo box and automatically have it drop down using VBA? In
Microsoft Access I would use the "Dropdown" method of my combo box.

However,
in Excel, I have not been able to find an equivalent. I have done the
following to select my combo box, but can't find a Dropdown method:

Worksheets("myWorksheet").DropDowns("myCombo1").Se lect

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom, to do this, I had to change all my combo boxes from using Forms toolbox
to the Control Toolbox. Now that I have changed all my combo boxes to the
Control Toolbox combo box, I need to know how I can prevent a user from
typing in the combo box. What property prevents them from doing this? I
have the "ListFillRange" property set to the range in my worksheet that I
want to populate my combo box, but when the user clicks on the combo box,
they can type in the combo box, which is not what I want to happen.

"Tony_VBACoder" wrote:

With Excel 2000, I have added a combo box control to my worksheet and

named
it "myCombo1". In this combo box, there are 5 items. How do I use VBA

select this combo box and automatically have it drop down using VBA? In
Microsoft Access I would use the "Dropdown" method of my combo box.

However,
in Excel, I have not been able to find an equivalent. I have done the
following to select my combo box, but can't find a Dropdown method:

Worksheets("myWorksheet").DropDowns("myCombo1").Se lect

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom, thank you...that did the trick.

One other question. When I changed all my combo boxes (65 of them) from the
Form combo boxes to the comb boxes in the Controls Toolbox, I noticed my
spreadsheet went from 600K to just under 1MB. Why the increase in size?