-   -   Protecting spreadsheets for coping (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/321664-protecting-spreadsheets-coping.html)

Kevin

Protecting spreadsheets for coping

Good Day: I am wondering if anyone can tell me how I can protect a
spreadsheet (workbook) from being copied. Is there any software out there
that can be installed with the spreadsheet to lock it and require a key code
to open.
--
Thanks Kevin

Barb Reinhardt[_2_]

Protecting spreadsheets for coping

There may be other ways, but if you create an image of it, no one can copy
and paste the information in the spreadsheet easily.

"kevin" wrote in message
Good Day: I am wondering if anyone can tell me how I can protect a
spreadsheet (workbook) from being copied. Is there any software out there
that can be installed with the spreadsheet to lock it and require a key

code
to open.
--
Thanks Kevin

Fredrik Wahlgren

"kevin" wrote in message
Good Day: I am wondering if anyone can tell me how I can protect a
spreadsheet (workbook) from being copied. Is there any software out there
that can be installed with the spreadsheet to lock it and require a key

code
to open.
--
Thanks Kevin

You can zip the wokbook and protect the zip file with a password.

/Fredrik

Tom Ogilvy

Protecting spreadsheets for coping

http://www.lostpassword.com

You can buy software that will break just about any protection that can be
applied in Excel.

Tom Ogilvy

"kevin" wrote in message
Good Day: I am wondering if anyone can tell me how I can protect a
spreadsheet (workbook) from being copied. Is there any software out there
that can be installed with the spreadsheet to lock it and require a key

code
to open.
--
Thanks Kevin

Kevin

Protecting spreadsheets for coping

Thanks all, zip is a great idea and will probably work well for my purposes.
Thanks Kevin