Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default excel

Below is an example of data in my excel sheet.
A B C D E F
Cell 1 ?
cell 2 Steve 1 to 10 13/2/04 britain
cell 3 Raj 11 to 17 15/2/04 india
cell 4 Ricky 18 to 35 14/2/04 Spain

Now if i enter a numerical value in A1 (where '?' is), i need a formula
which will check the column B and produce a result as desired below

Entery number = 9 then print "Steve 1 to 10 13/2/04 britain"
Entery number = 12 then print "Raj 11 to 17 15/2/04 india"
Entery number = 19 then print "Ricky 18 to 35 14/2/04 Spain"

Please help find me one formula that solves this problem. thanks
--
Ricky Samras

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for that,

Can you please give me a step by step exampole of how you would proceed with
this. I am familar with Match fuctions/Arrays.

Please explain in detail thank you.