Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default running macros/vba code in a shared environment

I customized a spreadsheet I want all users on my project to use.
Ironically, the vba code is there to secure the document, which has almost
30 worksheets, so everyone can view key portions of it safely, and then
unsecure it when its primary administrator needs to edit it.

I am new to VBA and not in the IT department. I used selfcert.exe to get
past my own machines security. I know this is not an industrial strength
signature.

To run the sheet on our exchange server:
1) must I find out if we have a certificate available, and get permission to
use it?
2) we are not a development shop, relying on third party solutions for the
most part - so we may not even have a signature for use. Must I ask every
user to lower their personal security just to use this? What other options
are available?

I did as much rsearch as time allowed, but this is the best I can do for
now.

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Other users must be in medium security mode to run any macros, they choose
run or not run on the pop-up. If you used the signature, it will give them
the option to trust macros from this author. If they say Yes, the pop-up
will not ask them again when it sees your signature. High security kills all
macros regardless of trusted author or not.
ink.net...