Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Looking for a way to control...

Don't know if this is the right section of the newsgroup, but...

I have a worksheet with column headers in row 1.

I want to put instructions for each column in row 2 of every column
describing what to put in the cells below (instead of using pop-up comments
in the header row).

I want to put an example in row 3 of every column.

I want to protect rows 1 through 3.

Finally, I need a way for the user to sort the entire worksheet using column
headers of their choice WITHOUT causing rows 2 and 3 to move out of place.

Any suggestions? (Macros, Buttons with VB code, etc.)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could create a blank row on row 4, create a duplicate column header on
row 5 (ie A5: =A1) and hide both rows 4 and 5

"Bill Sturdevant" wrote in
message ...
Don't know if this is the right section of the newsgroup, but...

I have a worksheet with column headers in row 1.

I want to put instructions for each column in row 2 of every column
describing what to put in the cells below (instead of using pop-up
comments
in the header row).

I want to put an example in row 3 of every column.

I want to protect rows 1 through 3.

Finally, I need a way for the user to sort the entire worksheet using
column
headers of their choice WITHOUT causing rows 2 and 3 to move out of place.

Any suggestions? (Macros, Buttons with VB code, etc.)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Put the instruction and example in rows 1 and 2
leave row 3 blank

put column headers in row 4.

Protecting protects the entire sheet, not just rows 1 to 3.

Sort is disabled when a sheet is protected.

Tom Ogilvy

"Bill Sturdevant" wrote in
message ...