Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jay Jay is offline

Default Looping through and linking

What I have is series of workbooks containing ALL the same sheet names. I
need to re-link a new month of data every month for new monthly totals. The
first workbook is called just that: "MonthTotsWorkbook". The workbook from
which the data is going to be collected is called WorkBook (probably 50 €“ 60
workbooks in total), each of these contain values for a number of products
produced. The sheet that the target values are on is called "Results" and the
target column would be column/row H1:H16.

What I'd like to do is have a function within the "MonthTotsWorkbook"
allowing me via the click of a button have a common dialog box come up
allowing the user to navigate and the target folder (since each month data
would be assigned a new month sub-folder name i.e Jan, Feb, March etc, etc),
say: Jan, and have the function grab all data off of the "Results" sheet
within each workbook inside this folder and write the results vertically
column by column across the sheet representing each of the data (H1:H16)
column values off of the "Results" sheet per "Workbook" within the target
sub-folder

Is this possible? The target data resides on company network folder, which
is why to need to navigate to it. I make this request for ideas on the best
approaches to resolve this matter!

An error msg in Excel 2007 regarding Linking but no linking in fil Jugglertwo Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 September 12th 08 02:08 AM
Looping David T Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 August 30th 06 10:51 PM
Looping Hannes Excel Programming 3 December 27th 04 09:03 PM
Looping scottwilsonx[_54_] Excel Programming 0 October 5th 04 04:29 PM
Looping scottwilsonx[_52_] Excel Programming 1 October 5th 04 04:13 PM