Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I remove unwanted add-in names from the XL Tools list?

Hi

Run Regedit. The addin list is found in the registry.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\nn\Exc el somewhere

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"J_J" skrev i melding
When trying out, somehow I maneged to create 4 copies of "JWalk FaceID
Identifier" name on the list of my "Tools" menu drop down list. A search

via
FindFile shows that I have only one copy of the FACEIDS.XLA file. How do

get rid of them except one?.
p.s.: I am on WinXP PC and the "faceids.xla" file does not appear to be
listed on the "Add-Ins" menu. But the add-in resides on a sperate folder

on
C:\...
TIA
J_J

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

J_J

nn means the version number like 10.0 or 11.0 if you go the registry route.

You shouldn't have to edit the registry however.

Try ToolsCustomizeToolbarsWorksheet Menubar and "reset".

If no joy with that, with Excel closed, you can re-name your Excelnn.XLB file
to Excelnn.OLD.

Excel will build a new default one when you next start and close Excel.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 18:38:14 +0200, "J_J" wrote:

Hi Harald,
Thanks but there is no such "nn" directory under "Office". Actually I can
not find anything related the "addin list" there either...
There must be an easier way to clear unwanted menu items...
J_J

"Harald Staff" wrote in message
Hi

Run Regedit. The addin list is found in the registry.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\nn\Exc el somewhere

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"J_J" skrev i melding
When trying out, somehow I maneged to create 4 copies of "JWalk FaceID
Identifier" name on the list of my "Tools" menu drop down list. A search

via
FindFile shows that I have only one copy of the FACEIDS.XLA file. How

do
get rid of them except one?.
p.s.: I am on WinXP PC and the "faceids.xla" file does not appear to be
listed on the "Add-Ins" menu. But the add-in resides on a sperate folder

on
C:\...
TIA
J_J

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry Bob,
My mistake...you were correct. But somehow I wasn't able to shyncronize my
clock.
I guess I maneged to fix it now I think. Hope it's OK now.
J_J

"J_J" wrote in message
Thank you Gord, resetting the menu bar did it.
Bob, but maybe I "am" a day ahead to others...:)
Region: Middle East
J_J

"J_J" wrote in message
Hi Harald,
Thanks but there is no such "nn" directory under "Office". Actually I

can
not find anything related the "addin list" there either...
There must be an easier way to clear unwanted menu items...
J_J

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Even the Middle East is not exactly a day ahead of anywhere, let alone where
I am. Your clock is fast.

It has the unfortunate effect that your post stays at the head of the queue
until 'real' time catches up. It is not very polite to do that.

Bob

"J_J" wrote in message
Hi Harald,
Thanks but there is no such "nn" directory under "Office". Actually I

can
not find anything related the "addin list" there either...
There must be an easier way to clear unwanted menu items...
J_J

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

My apologies to you and all group members.
I was not aware of the "staying on top of queue effect" of this situation.
I hope I maneged to correct it now.
Regards

"J_J" wrote in message
Hi Harald,
Thanks but there is no such "nn" directory under "Office". Actually

can
not find anything related the "addin list" there either...
There must be an easier way to clear unwanted menu items...
J_J

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,
When trying out, somehow I maneged to create 4 copies of "JWalk FaceID
Identifier" name on the list of my "Tools" menu drop down list. A search via
FindFile shows that I have only one copy of the FACEIDS.XLA file. How do I