Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default SUMIF with multiple criteria

Ok, here's one for the advanced users.

I have a sheet that is being totalled by month with the following catagories:
I have to sum a column if multiple criteria are met. First, I need to take
into account the status (awarded, submitted, lost, etc.), then the sum must
look to see if those amounts are within a certain month. any ideas on using
multiple criteria within a sumif statement?

Brent M
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You need to use an array formula that incorportes SUM and
IF (but is not the same as SUMIF) or use SUMPRODUCT. Based
on what you've posted this should start you in the right
direction:

A1:A100 - dates
B1:B100 - status
C1:C100 - values to sum

To sum all "lost" values for the month of April (assuming
year doesn't matter), try:

=SUMPRODUCT((TEXT(A1:A100,"mmm")="Apr")*(B1:B100=" lost")
*C1:C100)

To learn more, check out Bob Phillips' website:

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, Ga

I have a sheet that is being totalled by month with the

following catagories:
I have to sum a column if multiple criteria are met.

First, I need to take
into account the status (awarded, submitted, lost, etc.),

then the sum must
look to see if those amounts are within a certain month.

any ideas on using
multiple criteria within a sumif statement?

Brent M
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CLR CLR is offline

I do similar things with the AutoFilter.......then copying the filtered data
over to a ReportSheet, and then doing SubTotals on that sheet............

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"brentm" wrote in message
Ok, here's one for the advanced users.

I have a sheet that is being totalled by month with the following

catagories:
I have to sum a column if multiple criteria are met. First, I need to

take
into account the status (awarded, submitted, lost, etc.), then the sum

must
look to see if those amounts are within a certain month. any ideas on

using
multiple criteria within a sumif statement?

Brent M

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Have you tried an array entered sum formula with multiple criteria?