Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I replace * as a character in a string in Excel?

I can't figure out what punctuation needs to go before and after the * to
search for only *'s and not to use it as a Wildcard. In the help it says to
use brackets, but that is under the Microsoft Access help, and it didn't work
in Excel.
In the end, I plan to write a Macro that replaces the character '*' with the
number 3650 in all cells of my excel file (though I don't need help with the
Macro part, just how to type the character to be replaced).

Thanks for your help!
I've been searching the help pages for over an hour with no joy.