Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can I programmatically simulate clicking the 'stop macro' button in the VBE?

Can I simulate the clicking of the stop button in the VB Editor using
VBA?

Thanks,

Alan.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can I programmatically simulate clicking the 'stop macro' button i

Hello,

For effect, you could use the The End Statement. See:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vben...l/vastmEnd.asp

It's use is typically frowned upon.

Regards,
Nate Oliver
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can I programmatically simulate clicking the 'stop macro' butt

Sorry, bad link, try:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...l/vastmEnd.asp

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Alan;
You can try:

DoEvents
Application.VBE.CommandBars.FindControl(ID:=228).E xecute

MP

"Alan" a écrit dans le message de

Can I simulate the clicking of the stop button in the VB Editor using
VBA?

Thanks,

Alan.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message

Sorry, misread your post. (I actually couldn't find a stop button,
but Michael interpreted it as the Reset button). What are you
trying to achieve.

Hi Tom,

I have a spreadsheet with some event driven code (worksheet change
event specifically). This is also a shared workbook.

Occasionally, a user gets a 'Document Not Saved' message when they try
to save. I believe that this is being caused by an event driven code
somehow hanging or getting into some kind of loop, stopping the user
saving.

We are reviewing the code, but in the meantime, I wanted to give the
users a way to effectively click on 'reset' in the VBE (without having
to know anything about the VBE), to stop / reset any runnning code,
and effect a save.

I have used the line supplied by Michel
...) amended to include a
'Do Events' after it as you suggested in reply to that posting, so I
will see if that gets the users saving again next time it occurs.

Thanks,

Alan.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Michel Pierron" wrote in message

Yes Tom, you are right.
MP

"Tom Ogilvy" a écrit dans le message de
For me, I needed to put the DoEvents after the Execute command.

Tom Ogilvy

"Michel Pierron" wrote in message
Hi Alan;
You can try:

DoEvents
Application.VBE.CommandBars.FindControl(ID:=228).E xecute

MP

Hi Michel,

That looks to be exactly what I need.

Thank you very much.