Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default progress bar second question

this refers to my earlier post about a progress bar, it seems that its
a no-no, so how would i go about displaying a message that just says
some info i.e loading but disapears once the word doc is open, I know
how to display userforms and message boxes but the problem is that the
excel is programmed to shut down once the code for loading the word doc
has run, so i can get a message displayed until the word doc opens then
my excel shuts down.
regards

Johny5

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Application.StatusBar = "Opening Word File, Please Wait"
' code to open word file
Application.StatusBar = False

Another possibility is to show a modeless userform if using Excel 2000 or
later

userform1.Show vbModeless
' code to open word file
Unload Userform1

for tighter control you could show a modal userform and in the Activate
event of the userform, open the word.doc. Then unload the form.

These all assume you are opening the word document with automation and not
using the shell command.

Tom Ogilvy

oups.com...