Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default multiple pivot charts

Hello

I'm working with an sdv file wich contains information that is organized in
different groups. I've created a macro that records the steps I take to
break the data into more understandable format using a pivot chart. I'm
using multiple pivot charts to get all the different info I need. The
problem is that sometimes the data in the first pivot i.e name of a person
doesn't always exist in the second pivot. For example; A waiter always sells
dinner but not always dessert to the customers. My objective is to calculate
how many desserts are sold for each dinner. So my problem is that I get two
pivot charts with sometimes different names on it and I dont know how to
automatically calculate the dinner / dessert ratio, since waiters that
havent sold any dessert wonts show up on that pivot.

Perhaps there is a way to take the names from the dinner pivot and check if
that name exist on the dessert pivot. If it does than divide the two, if it
doesn't take the name and put a zero behind it. Hopefully in a new chart.

any input is highly appreciated.

ruben

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ruben,

I suggest you build a sheet that combines your data sheets in such a way
that they contain all the data you need to examine with your pivot table.
It is far easier to use VBA routines to build the "combining" sheet (e.g.
add the desert data to the dinner data); then you can run the pivot table on
a single range that contains all the data.

Cheers,

Allan P. London, CPA