Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Is there a way I can find the time difference between two dates a.

I have two dates and times during those dates. I would like to find the
difference between those two times using an equation. I.E. From friday 12:00
pm - saturday 12:00 pm its 24 hours.

I have alot of data that I would like to quickly calculate.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

=EndDateAndTime - StartDateAndTime

format the cell with a custom number format

hh:mm

or

=(EndDateAndTime - StartDateAndTime)*24

to get decimal hours.

Tom Ogilvy

"OutbackPower" wrote in message
I have two dates and times during those dates. I would like to find the
difference between those two times using an equation. I.E. From friday

12:00
pm - saturday 12:00 pm its 24 hours.

I have alot of data that I would like to quickly calculate.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi OutbackPower,

Dates in Excel are stored as numbers - the fractional part of the number is
the time. So if you need the number of hours between two dates (let's say
the dates are in A1 and A2), you could do this:

=(A2-A1)*24

Make sure you format this cell as numeric instead of date/time.

Jake Marx
MS MVP - Excel
www.longhead.com