Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Private Sub

How do I stop "Private Subs" in "ThisWorkbook" on opening from executing.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ronbo,

I think you ned to give a little more detail.

For example, when do you want to prevent execution and why? Are there any
other salient factors?

---
Regards,
Norman

"Ronbo" wrote in message
How do I stop "Private Subs" in "ThisWorkbook" on opening from executing.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Ronbo" wrote in message
How do I stop "Private Subs" in "ThisWorkbook" on opening from executing.

Thanks

Norman

1) I loved your response.

2) I appreciated your questions.

3) I was just getting ready to update my post by adding that if you do not
enable macros, you are done.

Where do we go from here?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What exactly is the question? Your addition doesn't answer Norman's
questions IMO.

The only event that fires on opening is workbook open. You cannot stop that
except by disabling macros, with the effect that no macros run. If you want
to stop a user from having access to your workbook if they disable macros,
you cannot, but you can take some mitigating action.

--
HTH

-------

Bob Phillips

"Ronbo" wrote in message
How do I stop "Private Subs" in "ThisWorkbook" on opening from

executing.

Thanks

Norman

1) I loved your response.

2) I appreciated your questions.

3) I was just getting ready to update my post by adding that if you do not
enable macros, you are done.

Where do we go from here?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bob,
That's what he said. If he disables macros it stops the code from
executing. So he was saying he found the answer himself.

Tom Ogilvy

"Ronbo" wrote in message
How do I stop "Private Subs" in "ThisWorkbook" on opening from

executing.

Thanks

Norman

1) I loved your response.

2) I appreciated your questions.

3) I was just getting ready to update my post by adding that if you do

not
enable macros, you are done.

Where do we go from here?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tom,

I read it that way too, but he ended with

.... Where do we go from here?

That is where I got confused.

Bob

.. .

"Ronbo" wrote in message
How do I stop "Private Subs" in "ThisWorkbook" on opening from

executing.

Thanks

Norman

1) I loved your response.

2) I appreciated your questions.

3) I was just getting ready to update my post by adding that if you do

not
enable macros, you are done.

Where do we go from here?

Private Sub() - Sub() CousinExcel Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 January 18th 10 01:39 PM
Private sub problem sby Excel Worksheet Functions 1 November 28th 07 04:50 PM
Private sub Mark New Users to Excel 3 April 6th 05 03:36 PM
Private subs Flima Excel Programming 1 January 7th 05 10:05 PM
Problem with private sub Conrado Capistrano Excel Programming 2 October 4th 03 08:35 AM