Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Private Sub

Bob,
That's what he said. If he disables macros it stops the code from
executing. So he was saying he found the answer himself.

Tom Ogilvy

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
What exactly is the question? Your addition doesn't answer Norman's
questions IMO.

The only event that fires on opening is workbook open. You cannot stop

that
except by disabling macros, with the effect that no macros run. If you

want
to stop a user from having access to your workbook if they disable macros,
you cannot, but you can take some mitigating action.

--
HTH

-------

Bob Phillips
"Ronbo" wrote in message

"Norman Jones" wrote:

Hi Ronbo,

I think you ned to give a little more detail.

For example, when do you want to prevent execution and why? Are there

any
other salient factors?

---
Regards,
Norman

"Ronbo" wrote in message
How do I stop "Private Subs" in "ThisWorkbook" on opening from

executing.

Thanks

Norman

1) I loved your response.

2) I appreciated your questions.

3) I was just getting ready to update my post by adding that if you do

not
enable macros, you are done.

Where do we go from here?