Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Add Command to Right-Click Menu

I know how to add a macro to the right-click context menu, for example
to add the macro PasteVal:

Sub CreateRightClick()
With Application.CommandBars("Cell").Controls.Add
.Caption = "Paste Values"
.OnAction = "PasteVal"
End With
End Sub

How would I add a conventional command to the right-click menu? Is it
just a question of knowing the exact name of the command? I'm
particularly interested in adding "Conditional Formatting..." to my
right-click menu.

TIA,

Andy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try the extended macros below:

Sub CreateRightClick()
With Application.CommandBars("Cell").Controls.Add
.Caption = "Conditional Formatting..."
.OnAction = "show_cf"
End With
End Sub

Private Sub show_cf()
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogConditionalFormatting) .Show

Edwin Tam

http://www.vonixx.com

On 1/11/05 1:01 PM, in article , "Andy"
wrote:

I know how to add a macro to the right-click context menu, for example
to add the macro PasteVal:

Sub CreateRightClick()
With Application.CommandBars("Cell").Controls.Add
.Caption = "Paste Values"
.OnAction = "PasteVal"
End With
End Sub

How would I add a conventional command to the right-click menu? Is it
just a question of knowing the exact name of the command? I'm
particularly interested in adding "Conditional Formatting..." to my
right-click menu.

TIA,

Andy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Andy,

Using Command's ID for Conditional formatting.

Sub CreateRightClick()
With Application.CommandBars("Cell").Controls
.Add Type:=msoControlButton, _
ID:=3058, _
temporary:=True
End With