Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Thanks to All

Hi,

I have received a number of replies to my questions here which have helped me
either directly or indirectly with a VBA program I am writing for work. I
have recently found out that if you make a post to a newsgroup with AOL, AOL
does show it in its newsgroups posts. Some kind of problem which has been
going on for far too long. My point is to take this time to thank people for
the help they have given me/and may give me during this AOL mess. Looks like I
can only post once and can't reply to my posts. All I can to is to read the
replies in Google. If I do not reply or say thanks, it is not because I don't
appreciate the help. Don't know if this is too off topic, but I am in a
unique situation and did not want anyone to think I was not paying attention or
took replies for granted. Thanks. The people here are great.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I know nothing about AOL, but if you have MS Outlook Express installed, you may
want to connect to the MS newservers directly:

Saved from a previous post:

If you have Outlook Express installed, try clicking on these links (or copy and
paste into MSIE).

(and a few more for MSWord)

(You can always connect to more later)

Here are some links that explain it better:

Chip Pearson has some notes written by Leonard Meads at:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DirectConnect.htm

David McRitchie's notes at:
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/xlnews.htm
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/oe6.htm
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/oe6nws01.htm

Tushar Mehta's notes at:
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/misc_tut...e_ng/index.htm

And if you're looking for old posts:

Or you can use google (maybe a few hours behind) to search for stuff you've
posted (and find the replies, too)

http://groups.google.com/advanced_gr...Excel*&num=100

Ron de Bruin has an excel addin that you may like:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm

--

Dave Peterson