Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Combining fields and outputting to one cell

Hello;
I've searched through Google and can't seem to find it, so I'm turning
to the experts for help. I'm redoing our membership list in Excel
format (because I don't really care for PDF files), and am breaking
down all fields, such as e-mail, telephone numbers, etc (so that when I
convert the Excel file into a searchable field, we can do queries to
see who has what area code, exchange, domain for e-mail, etc). I would
like to get Excel to combine the fields for the e-mail and pagers, and
output them as one. For example, if someone has an e-mail address of
, I'd have one field with the username, one field
with the domain, and one with the extension (or whatever it's called;
the "dot com" part). I'd like Excel to take those and put them together
to display ".

For the pager part, I'd like to take it one step further. Given that we
use Arch Wireless, and we have e-mail to pager abilities, I'd like to
have Excel integrate that. As an example, if I have pager 222-333-4444,
and it's 3 fields (area code, exchange, and phone #), I'd like Excel to
output it as
, preferably as a hyperlink (if
possible).

Is this possible? If so, how difficult is it?
Thank you all for your help in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm assuming you want these to be clickable hyperlinks rather than just
plain text.

For an email hyperlink with name (fred) ,domain (gmail) and TLD (com) in
A1,B1,C1 put this in D1:

=HYPERLINK("mailto:" & A1 & "@" & B1 & "." & C1, A1 & "@" & B1 & "." & C1)

Similar pattern applies to pager link.

If you just want plain text then:

=A1 & "@" & B1 & "." & C1

Tim.

"Doug" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Doug,

If the information is already in Excel then it shouldn't take too much
programming to accomplish what you want. If you want, send me a sample of
what you have and I'll take a look at it and help you code it.
Charles