Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Tooltip for mouseover of Image OLEObject (from Control Toolbar)

Howdy
I'm trying to show a simple tooltip over my images created from the Control
Toolbar when the users mouse over this.
I'm not having any luck finding code to modify to do this.
Any ideas?
Thanks
matt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Matt: Unfortunately an image control has no built-in support for tooltips.
The only objects native to Excel that support tooltips (to my knowledge) are
commandbars. You could conceivably use the MouseMove event procedure of your
image control and create your own code to display a tooltip, but that would
be pretty complex (you would need to track not only the position but the
timing of cursor, detect a "pause" where the cursor stays steady (within a
small tolerance) for a while, and then create and display a textframe with
your tooltip text at that cursor location. Possible, but I would hate to
have to be the one to code it!)