Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default connecting multiple work sheets

Hi the
Can anyone please help me out here? Suppose I have many different files
(with detailed info) and I have one main summary file that draw results from
these individual files. How can I connect these individual files with the
main file? i.e, when I make changes in any one of the individual files, the
changes will reflect in the main file as well?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks..

fyon
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What you are describing is linked workbooks.

Ensure that one of the individual workbooks are open and that you can see
both the summary and individual workbooks on the screen at the same time.
Press =
then click a cell value in the individual workbook.

The formula then looks something like:
=[Data2004.xls]Sheet1!$A$1