Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How can I install a Message Box?

I am creating an absence report form for work and would like to have a
message box appear when a supervisor tries to enter more sick days than the
employee is allowed. I would like the box to say: The employee has exceeded
his/her accrued amount of sick days.

Then would like the buttons: Retry or Cancel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

need more info.
how do you calculate the sick time? xl will have to
duplicate this math. this is what will trigger the msgbox.
what is the data layout? rows or columns? need this so xl
will know what to add up.
do emps have different rates or do all have the same amout
of sick time? need a qualifier.
the macro will reside in the worksheet's on change event
and do the math every time someone enters data in the
worksheet.

I am creating an absence report form for work and would

like to have a
message box appear when a supervisor tries to enter more

sick days than the
employee is allowed. I would like the box to say: The

employee has exceeded
his/her accrued amount of sick days.

Then would like the buttons: Retry or Cancel

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You don't tell us how/where the number is accrued? We can't give a solution
without some details.

BTW, how can you have a sick limit? Do they automatically get better when
they reach that number?

--

HTH

RP

"jones360" wrote in message
I am creating an absence report form for work and would like to have a
message box appear when a supervisor tries to enter more sick days than

the
employee is allowed. I would like the box to say: The employee has

exceeded
his/her accrued amount of sick days.

Then would like the buttons: Retry or Cancel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

All employees are given 5 personal/sick days for the entire year. They
cannot exceed this amount and they do not carry over from year to year. The
data is compiled in a column format.

Thanks!

" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Do you have a total cell per employee? If so, you could do conditional
formatting on that cell.

For instance, say you have a total in A1, with the details in A1:An, then
you could set CF on A1 with a test of greater than 5, and set the cell
colour for this test.

--

HTH

RP