Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Disallow sorting of data.

If you have xl2002 or later, this should be an option under Tools=
Protection =Worksheet.

In earlier versions, I believe sorting is not an option for a protected
sheet (you can unlock cells you want to allow to be edited).

Tom Ogilvy

"malycom" wrote in message
Hi

I would like to disallow sorting of data in a worksheet as we have lots of
hidden data that will get messed up.

Could anyone help me with the code to create a simple message box

explaining
that no data sorting can be achieved and then, once the user has closed

the
message box, not allow the sort itself. Ideally, I would like the message
box to appear when the user clicks on "Data - Sort" in the menu bar on

Excel.

Many thanks and Happy New Year to everyone.

Malcolm