Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Thread safety of Excel

I am using Office 2000 on Windows XP and noticed some peculiar behaviour.
When I use CPU intensive VB-code with Excel, something (I think Windows XP; I
am not sure) will spawn an extra thread for Excel. In the taskmanager I can
see I get extra instances for my Excel stuff.

This however causes some kind of loop, so that Excel never finishes the code.

This is also not 100% predictable: the same code will sometimes execute
succesfully and sometimes will spawn an extra thread and loop indefinitly.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It appears your code has a never-ending loop which continues to re-cycle.
This is probably inside of and IF statement so that sometimes the conditions
of the IF statement are not met so the code doen't enter the loop in those
cases.

You can find such a loop by using F8 to step thru the code and by using
break points in the code to stop it at intervals.