Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default creating or importing new fill patterns in Excel 2003

I'm looking for a way to add custom fill patterns for use in Excel. If
possible, as bitmap imports.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
AFAIK this is not possible

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
"George" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I'm looking for a way to add custom fill patterns for use in Excel. If
possible, as bitmap imports.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Some ideas if you want your custom pattern only for some special display
purposes:

Create a textbox with dimensions of a cell, properties - Move & size with
cell.
Format fill - effect - picture (your pattern image file)
Put the cursor in the textbox
In the Input bar type an = followed by some cell reference.

or
Create textboxes to exactly fit cells and = cell ref as above.
Format each with thin grey broder
Format fill color with no fill / invisible
Add a picture to the sheet with your image, over the textboxes.
Order - send to back
or similarly format a recangle with fill effect - picture -your image

or
Format - sheet - background
applies to entire sheet and will not print

Regards,
Peter T