Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can't query the HTML

From XL in Office 2000

I am trying to do something along the lines of

Dim XMLObj As XMLHTTP30
Dim sResp As String

Set XMLObj = New XMLHTTP30

With XMLObj
'.Open "GET",
"http://search.ebay.co.uk/abacus_W0QQamp;sspagenameZhQ3ahQ3aadvsearchQ3aU
kQQcatrefZC5QQfbdZ1QQfromZR6QQnojsprZyQQpfidZ0QQsa categoryZQ2d1QQsacurren
cyZ0QQsalocatedincountryZ3QQsaslopZ1QQsocolumnlayo utZ3QQsofocusZbsQQsopos
talZM25Q203HXQQsorecordsperpageZ50QQsosortorderZ1Q QsosortpropertyZ1QQsotr
typeZ1QQsotrvalueZ1"
.send
End With

Do Until XMLObj.ReadyState = 4 ' i.e. READYSTATE_COMPLETE
DoEvents
Loop

sResp = (XMLObj.responseText)

but I can't see the same HTML that I do when I do view source. Even
Navigate and then looking at innerhtml produces the same result

The above is just a search on abacus. It creates a rather bizarre URL,
but it works and can be pasted in to achieve the same results

Any help appreciated. Many thanks and Happy New Year
--
Mike
Please post replies to newsgroup to benefit others
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 at 02:31:48, Mike NG (Mike NG
) wrote:
but I can't see the same HTML that I do when I do view source. Even
Navigate and then looking at innerhtml produces the same result

Ignore my twaddle. I was using the immediate debug window to print the
response, and it seems to only show the trailing 1k or so of the output