Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default IF....i think

I am somewhat familiar with basic Excel functions but I need some help on a
worksheet I am working on.

I have a worksheet (#1) that has 4 columns: Column A has numbers listed 61
thru 99, Columns B, C & D are numerical ranges refering to Column A (e.g.,
Column B=low point, C=midpoint, D=high point)

In worksheet #2 I am solving for a number between 61 and 99 to ultimately
get my low point, midpoint and high point. What function would I use to
automatically list these ranges from worksheet #1?

Example

Answer: 65
Low Point: 36.25
Mid Point: 41.25
High Point: 46.25

Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Max Max is offline

One way ..

In Sheet2
assuming the range below is in A1:B4
("Answer" in B1)

Answer: 65
Low Point: 36.25
Mid Point: 41.25
High Point: 46.25

Select B2:B4

Put in the formula bar:

=IF(B1="","",TRANSPOSE(VLOOKUP(B1,Sheet1!A:D,{2,3, 4},0)))

Array-enter the formula with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER,
instead of just pressing ENTER
--
Rgds
Max
"SJones" wrote in message
I am somewhat familiar with basic Excel functions but I need some help on

worksheet I am working on.

I have a worksheet (#1) that has 4 columns: Column A has numbers listed

61
thru 99, Columns B, C & D are numerical ranges refering to Column A (e.g.,
Column B=low point, C=midpoint, D=high point)

In worksheet #2 I am solving for a number between 61 and 99 to ultimately
get my low point, midpoint and high point. What function would I use to
automatically list these ranges from worksheet #1?

Example

Answer: 65
Low Point: 36.25
Mid Point: 41.25