Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Need formula for calculating totals to range by using multiple cel

I dont even know how to explain this problem but here goes...

I have a chart that I am trying to track cash shortages I have 15 slots per
day, all 15 slots may not be used every day, but it has just two columns per
day, one for the employee name and one for the cash over/short. I have 3
registers that may have someone assigned to them. I do daily cash drains up
to 5 times per day, all registers may not be used every day. I generally
have anywhere from 10 to 15 employees that may be assigned to these registers
on different times throughout the day and week.

How can I get the totals to automatically add the cash over/short to total
up on a master list of all the employees cash totals and keep a running total
for the week?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Need formula for calculating totals to range by using multiple

A slot is just a cell, cash drains are done after heavy periods of cash
volume, or when a cashier is changed on a drawer

for example

cell 1 cell 2
emp 1 -3.25
emp 2 +1.75
emp 2 -0.50

What I want it to do is to add the totals for each employee and keep a
running total of the cash for the week

"justaguyfromky" wrote:

I dont even know how to explain this problem but here goes...

I have a chart that I am trying to track cash shortages I have 15 slots per
day, all 15 slots may not be used every day, but it has just two columns per
day, one for the employee name and one for the cash over/short. I have 3
registers that may have someone assigned to them. I do daily cash drains up
to 5 times per day, all registers may not be used every day. I generally
have anywhere from 10 to 15 employees that may be assigned to these registers
on different times throughout the day and week.

How can I get the totals to automatically add the cash over/short to total
up on a master list of all the employees cash totals and keep a running total
for the week?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi. No attention is paid to what the rester is, the formula is next to the
cell. Hope this works. The sums at the bottom are simply a list of the
employees.

Name Over(Short) RunTotal
Emp1 0.25 0.25 =SUM($C$3:C3)
Emp2 (0.25) -
Emp3 0.75 0.75
Emp4 1.25 2.00
Emp5 (0.50) 1.50
Emp1 1.25 2.75
Emp2 (3.75) (1.00)
Emp3 4.25 3.25
Emp4 (5.00) (1.75)
Emp5 6.00 4.25 =SUM($C$3:C12)

Total by Emp #
Emp1 1.50 =SUMIF($B$3:$B$12,B14,$C$3:$C$12)
Emp2 (4.00) =SUMIF($B$3:$B$12,B15,$C$3:$C$12)
Emp3 5.00
Emp4 (3.75)
Emp5 5.50
4.25 =SUM(C14:C18)