Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default msgbox with no buttons

I have a need to save files across a WAN. As part of the "save" macro I
wrote, I'd like to have a message box pop up that basically says, "Hey, don't
close the file yet." until the file has been saved across the WAN. (When
users save and bolt, they sometimes either don't save or corrupt with a
partial save).

Seems like something simple. But... Any suggestions?

Thanks all

--jak
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I haven't tried saving things over a WAN but if you are in Excel 2000 or
higher you should be able to display a modeless userform during the save
process. Easy to build your own custom form that just says "Don't quit" and
use

frmDontQuit.Show vbModeless
'your save code
Unload frmDontQuit

For a more complex solution with a progress bar that you can use in lots of
situations:
http://www.enhanceddatasystems.com/E...rogressBar.htm

Robin Hammond