Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Combobox and named range as source

Howdy
I've got a dynamic named range as the source for a combobox. When the range
is added to or deleted (which the dynamic named range correctly adjusts to),
I need to combobox to also have the new values added or deleted. I thought
Excel would do it itself.
how do I get them to update?
Thanks a lot
matt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe you could use a worksheet_change event to update that combobox's list.

Or maybe you could update the list when you click on the combobox.

I put a combobox from the Control Toolbox toolbar on a worksheet and used this
code.

Option Explicit
Private Sub ComboBox1_GotFocus()
Me.ComboBox1.ListFillRange = ""
Me.ComboBox1.Clear
Me.ComboBox1.List = Me.Range("test1").Value
End Sub

But one of the reasons you didn't get a reply is your question is lacking
specifics.

Where is your combobox? On a worksheet or on a userform.
If it's on a worksheet, is it a combobox from the control toolbox toolbar or a
dropdown from the Forms toolbar.

Without specifics, lots of people will just go to the next question.

If my response isn't close, post back with more details.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Awesome!
That'll do just fine I imagine.
Sorry, tried to keep it simple, I now realise I should've specified toolbar
source and location of combobox (worksheet and control toolbar as you
guessed).
Great
Thanks
Matt